Students from the Grade 9 English and Grade 10 Communications Technology classes went on a field trip last week to CBC News. We went there so we can see the jobs they have at the CBC, and maybe think about working there some day. At the CBC we met a lot of people, and visited a lot of newsrooms and a big elevator.
Some of the highlights of our trip included:
- David Common doing a live broadcast and telling us about his life (Zachary)
- when we went the radio station (Patricia)
- when the class went in the green screen room and played with the green screen (Lucas)
- everything, especially the robot that goes around delivering mail to people in the news station (Adam)
We learned a lot about the different jobs you can do at CBC.
- The job I would like to do at CBC is being a radio announcer host. (Zachary)
- The job that I most like to do at the CBC is being the news reporter, because I like doing the news so people can find out what’s going on in the world. (Patricia)
- The job that I most like to do at the CBC is being a radio announcer or host because I like being on the radio. (Lucas)
- I would like to be a camera operator because you work with cameras. (Adam)
Field trips like this are good because we can experience more. Reading gives you some details, but going to a place actually gives you more details. We get to live the experience of seeing people doing their jobs, and choose a job you want to do off of that.
Thanks to Mark and everyone at the CBC for welcoming us!
and Todd Harrison