The YMCA Academy is a Ministry of Education–inspected, alternative high school in downtown Toronto. Inspired and supported by the YMCA of Greater Toronto, our personal differentiated approach, specialized programs, and individualized use of assistive technology is ideally suited to students with mild learning disabilities or learning style differences.
Our school offers a safe and supportive learning environment that includes:
- Individualized Special Education support including IEP implementation, assistive technologies, and Resource and Remediation courses
- Small class sizes and personal support (classes average 8 students; staff-to-student ratio of 8:1)
- Diploma (OSSD) and Certificate (OSSC) streams
- Modern facilities including bright classrooms, fully equipped labs, and a broad range of health and fitness facilities
- Socio-emotional support including full-time Student Counsellor
- Experiential learning, workplace internships, and co-op program
- A range of academic opportunities, including Locally Developed, Applied, and College Preparation courses
- Online wireless environment with laptops for every student
- Outdoor education and year-round YMCA of Greater Toronto membership
- A broad range of extracurricular opportunities, including clubs, events, and a cross-Canada exchange
The YMCA Academy is the next step for high school students who learn differently. Book a tour or contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (416-928-0124) to find out more about our unique program.
Finally started to achieve success
The Academy was THE answer for us. We went through numerous organizations and schools and no one could offer anything even close to what the Academy offers. My child blossomed and finally started to achieve success after enrolling in the Academy. I have been telling anyone who would listen about the great work that the Academy does.