Work at The YMCA Academy
YMCA Academy teachers and staff are a collaborative, collegial team of professionals who combine expertise in supporting exceptional youth with practical experience within and beyond the teaching profession.
Are you a dedicated educator with a passion for empowering young people who learn differently? If so, The YMCA Academy wants to hear from you. We accept resumes year-round; specific positions are posted as they arise (usually in late spring).
Teaching staff position requirements include:
- active OCT membership;
- intermediate/senior qualifications;
- special education experience or special education additional qualifications;
- experience in the classroom with at-risk youth, youth with learning disabilities or in an alternative setting;
- familiarity with assistive technologies.
For details, contact:
Head of School, The YMCA Academy
Volunteer at The YMCA Academy
YMCA volunteers contribute thousands of hours helping the YMCA of Greater Toronto build strong kids, strong families, and strong communities each year.
Volunteering is more than just sharing your time and passion. It’s about the satisfaction of knowing you are helping people become stronger, giving back to your community, and gaining valuable work experience that will enhance your career opportunities.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you will receive from volunteering:
- The fulfillment from knowing you are making a difference in your community;
- Developing new skills, increased confidence and enhanced leadership skills;
- Making new friends and acquaintances from all walks of life;
- Gaining valuable work experience;
- Being part of an organization with a history of giving back to its community; and
- Earning hours towards community service requirements.
At The YMCA Academy, volunteers provide valuable support to teachers and staff, and their skills and experience make a tremendous difference in the lives of our students, including:
- improving students’ overall health;
- supporting youth as they grow into adults;
- creating a welcoming environment; and
- making a difference in someone’s life.
The Academy has a number of volunteer opportunities to match your passion, skills, and schedule:
The YMCA Academy
15 Breadalbane St. 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4Y1C2