Discover The YMCA Academy! Tour the school and get details about our unique Special Education programming during our upcoming Open House event on:
Saturday, April 29th
11am to 2pm
We’re located at 15 Breadalbane Street, Toronto — in the Central YMCA, near Yonge and College streets and College subway station.
For more information about this event, call Bonita Ip: 416-928-0124, ext. 0.
About The YMCA Academy
The YMCA Academy is a Ministry of Education–inspected high school in downtown Toronto serving youth with learning disabilities and learning-style differences.
The YMCA Academy is a community offering a safe and supportive learning environment that includes:
• Individualized Special Education support & Assistive Technologies
• Small class sizes (averaging 8 students)
• Career & life-skills counselling
• Wireless environment with laptops for every student
• Experiential learning opportunities, including a robust co-op program
• Outdoor education & year-round fitness membership
Click here to find out more about our academic, extracurricular, and support programs, as well as the application process.
The YMCA Academy Difference
For our students, The YMCA Academy is a life-changing alternative to their previous school experiences. In this video, Academy students, parents, and teachers discuss some of the challenges students can face in school, and the difference the Academy makes inside and outside the classroom.