When you support The YMCA Academy, you bring learning to life for high school students with a wide range of learning style differences and needs.
For details on how you can support the Academy, contact:
Dr. Don Adams
Head of School, The YMCA Academy
Our current campaign is focused on upgrading the school’s technology resources, including:
- Additional licenses for assistive technology programs, in accordance with our students’ individual education plans (IEPs)
- Upgraded headsets and other assistive technology equipment
- Cutting-edge hardware resources, such a 3D printer, to facilitate experiential opportunities for students in our ever-expanding technology program
- Presentation equipment to accommodate students’ auditory and vision needs
- A further expansion of our laptop fleet, with a view to providing personalized hardware and software solutions for all students
Motivation to succeed
My daughter started in Grade 9 this year, and it is the first time in six years that she loves going to school. Her self-esteem and self-confidence has grown immensely. For the first time in her school life, she can tell me what she is studying in each class. Previously she was never given any homework or assignments, now she willingly sits and does any work needed, including wanting to study for upcoming tests. Her motivation to succeed has skyrocketed.