When you support The YMCA Academy, you bring learning to life for high school students with a wide range of learning style differences and needs.
For details on how you can support the Academy, contact:
Dr. Don Adams
Head of School, The YMCA Academy
Our current campaign is focused on upgrading the school’s technology resources, including:
- Additional licenses for assistive technology programs, in accordance with our students’ individual education plans (IEPs)
- Upgraded headsets and other assistive technology equipment
- Cutting-edge hardware resources, such a 3D printer, to facilitate experiential opportunities for students in our ever-expanding technology program
- Presentation equipment to accommodate students’ auditory and vision needs
- A further expansion of our laptop fleet, with a view to providing personalized hardware and software solutions for all students
Compassionate, caring teachers
I can’t say enough positive things about the school and its teachers. They really care about the kids and really understand children with LDs and learning differences. They are compassionate, caring teachers who really go the extra mile for their students and are willing to work with parents to get our children on track so they can succeed both academically and socially. It’s not just a job to them, it’s a passion. Every school should share the same philosophy. It’s about the kids and helping them succeed in life!