When you support The YMCA Academy, you bring learning to life for high school students with a wide range of learning style differences and needs.
For details on how you can support the Academy, contact:
Dr. Don Adams
Head of School, The YMCA Academy
Our current campaign is focused on upgrading the school’s technology resources, including:
- Additional licenses for assistive technology programs, in accordance with our students’ individual education plans (IEPs)
- Upgraded headsets and other assistive technology equipment
- Cutting-edge hardware resources, such a 3D printer, to facilitate experiential opportunities for students in our ever-expanding technology program
- Presentation equipment to accommodate students’ auditory and vision needs
- A further expansion of our laptop fleet, with a view to providing personalized hardware and software solutions for all students
Accepted at every college program
After spending her late elementary grades in a special school, our daughter struggled in high school. They just couldn’t or wouldn’t follow her IEP. Her psychologist suggested a few possibilities, including the YMCA Academy. We visited all of them with mixed results, until we visited the YMCA Academy. Our daughter exclaimed that she felt that she could succeed in this environment and she has — she has been accepted at every college program that she applied to. We are very pleased.