YMCA volunteers contribute thousands of hours helping the YMCA of Greater Toronto build strong kids, strong families and strong communities each year.
Volunteering is more than just sharing your time and passion, it’s about the satisfaction of knowing you are helping people become stronger, giving back to your community and gaining valuable work experience that will enhance your career opportunities.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you will receive from volunteering:
• The fulfillment from knowing you are making a difference in your community
• Developing new skills, increased confidence and enhanced leadership skills
• Making new friends and acquaintances from all walks of life
• Gaining valuable Canadian work experience
• Being part of an organization with a history of giving back to its community
• Earning hours towards community service requirements
As a YMCA run school, The Academy benefits from volunteers, their skills, their service and their support.
If you want to help our school:
• improve students’ their overall health
• support youth as they grow into adults
• create a welcoming environment
• make a difference in someone’s life
The Academy has a number of volunteer opportunities to match your passion, skills and schedule.
Present Volunteer Positions:
1. Classroom Assistant
2. Community hours coordinator
For more information on The Academy volunteer positions read: Volunteer Brochure 2010
Send any inquiries about volunteering at The Academy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for information on other volunteer opportunities at the YMCA of Greater Toronto
15 Breadalbane St. 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4Y1C2
416-928-0124 Ext 0
Please request the volunteer coordinator.