The Academy is housed on the 3rd and 4th floors of the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Central Y facility. Nestled in among various YMCA programs the Academy was designed with student needs in mind.
- wireless technology in all Academy spaces
- individual student laptops
- digital cameras for class use
- HD video camera for student use
- LCD Projectors in every room
- document cameras for easy note taking
- Natural lighting
- Small class sizes
- Internal windows for inclusiveness in the larger community
- Library Area
- Individual quiet work areas
- Counseling room open at all times
The Science lab
Built in 2003 The Academy’s science lab encourages hands-on learning through lab work.
Click here for more information on the lab.
The Construction Zone is a technologically rich environment that is based in the theories of social constructionism and intentional learning. Although classes are held in the Zone, it is not a traditional ‘classroom’. All of the resources of the Zone are available to anyone, and everyone, at anytime when the resources are available. Students may come and work on projects for other courses. Teachers may come, learn and create using the specialized media available. Technical support is available through the students and/or staff.
Click here for more information on The Construction Zone.